Monday 9 June 2014

Sketchy Work

Sometimes I get focused on one medium and forget to work in the other areas that I also enjoy. In an effort not to do this, I have written little notes telling myself to work on all kinds of projects concurrently. 

One such project is to work in one of my sketchbooks in watercolour. To help me along I am also taking a short creative course with summer as its inspiration.

This particular sketchbook started life as a novel. I bought the book for $1 at a local library and use it for drawings, collage projects, and watercolour sketches such as this. To provide an interesting and plain base for painting, I covered the pages first in gesso (although white acrylic paint would also work). The gesso doesn't allow the watercolour to absorb into the paper so the finished effect is different.





2 comments:

  1. Fun project. I like your sketch book. You can capture so many memories and different thoughts with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite part of the sketchbook so far. It is a fun place to play which gives me ideas for other projects.

    ReplyDelete